Sunday, March 16, 2014

From Liquid to Solid

I won't give the illogical excuse that I didn't post anything in February because nothing happened. Like parents everywhere, my husband and I were overwhelmed by the plethora of changes that occur in the sixth month of life. We were pleasantly stunned by our daughter's ability to sit up and to begin crawling, and less thrilled but grateful nevertheless about all the hullabaloo culminating in the emergence of her first tooth.

But February was also a milestone for me in particular because I started to realize that "I am a new mother" excuse was starting to become less reasonable for the rapid declines in self-discipline and drive in the past few months. Although it is still difficult to coordinate all aspects of my life, even with lots of help and understanding, I no longer want to feel out of control -- not that, as people who know me well, I have ever enjoyed having less than full command of my actions and thoughts.

So my resolution for the spring and summer, especially as we get closer to my daughter's first birthday, is that I motivate myself to take hold of the liquid-like version of my life, and make it more solid. Just like introducing mashed fruits and oatmeal is helping my daughter transition out of her formula-based diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment